Planning a wedding is an exciting and joyful experience, and if you’re considering a monsoon wedding in Kochi, you’re in for a unique and magical celebration. With its lush green landscapes and refreshing rain showers, Kochi offers a picturesque setting for your special day. To ensure everything runs smoothly and stress-free, it’s wise to enlist the assistance of experienced wedding planners like Oakstreet Events. In this article, we’ll provide you with valuable tips and considerations to plan a memorable monsoon wedding in Kochi.
- Choose the Right Venue: When planning a monsoon wedding, selecting an appropriate venue is crucial. Look for indoor venues or those with covered outdoor spaces to protect your guests from unpredictable rain showers. Popular choices in Kochi include elegant banquet halls, traditional Kerala houses, or luxury resorts with spacious indoor facilities.
- Decorate with Nature in Mind: Embrace the natural beauty of the monsoon season in Kochi by incorporating organic and eco-friendly elements into your wedding decor. Use fresh flowers, lush greenery, and vibrant colors that complement the rainy season. Consider incorporating colorful umbrellas or canopy structures to provide shelter while adding a whimsical touch to the venue.
- Plan for Rainy Weather: Monsoon weddings are known for unexpected rain showers, so it’s essential to have a backup plan. Ensure your wedding planners have arrangements in place, such as waterproof tents or marquees, umbrellas for guests, and suitable footwear options to navigate wet surfaces. Having a backup indoor location for key events like the ceremony and reception is also advisable.
- Select Appropriate Attire: Choose wedding attire that is both stylish and practical for a monsoon wedding. Opt for lightweight and breathable fabrics that dry quickly. Brides can consider shorter hemlines or a stylish lehenga-choli with a detachable skirt to avoid getting the dress excessively wet. Grooms can opt for lightweight suits or traditional Kerala attire like Mundu and Jubba.
- Delightful Monsoon Menu: Incorporate the flavors of the season into your wedding menu. Kochi is known for its delectable seafood and traditional Kerala cuisine. Include dishes that are warming, comforting, and suited to the monsoon weather. Add a touch of novelty with live food stations offering piping hot snacks and drinks like steaming chai and pakoras.
- Photography Tips: Capture the enchanting moments of your monsoon wedding by hiring professional photographers experienced in shooting during the rainy season. Discuss your vision with them and ensure they have the necessary equipment to work in different lighting conditions. Embrace the rain as a backdrop and take advantage of the beautiful reflections and atmospheric ambiance it creates.